If you are starting your podcast, then choosing the right podcast hosting is the very crucial part. Also, the best podcast hosting can grow your audience.
In this today’s article, I am gonna share 7 Podcast hosting sites with their review. So Before starting the article here are the 3 top podcast hosting sites.
#1 In My Eye
Buzzsprout is the #1 podcast host site that provide you learning with tools and amazing customer support.
An easy and powerful way to create a podcast and monetize it. If you are just starting then use it.
Speaker is also the best one if you are a beginner and just starting then you can try speaker to host your podcasts.
Note: We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So these 3 are the top and now let’s talk about all hostings in detail with their reviews.
Before starting the main content of this article let me share with you “what is a podcast” if you are a beginner then you should read it otherwise you can skip and continue to the list.
What is Podcast?
In the last 15 years podcast has gone mainstream, Podcasting is the world of information and entertainment and it is used by people of all groups there are mainly more than five hundred thousand podcasts in existence.
A podcast can be anything story, interview, a documentary that can be downloaded and listened to whenever we want or hear it online.
The podcast became famous in 2014.
From then till now we can see a huge change. We get almost everything from news to entertainment and from comedy to fantasy. All the entertainment sectors are into podcasting as time flies there are many podcast hosts.
Now, It’s time to move to the main content of this article.
what is the best podcast hosting sites?
Here are my top picks for the best podcast hosting platforms:
The Best Podcast Hosting Service for Beginners (Free – $24/month + $20 Amazon Gift Card).
If you are looking for the overall best podcasting platform then I recommend you to select buzzsprout. They offer helpful free material + powerful tools that will help you in your podcast journey.
Buzzsprout is very easy to use and the tools and features are very accessible and user-friendly. Easy to create uploading a file is also very easy just choose the file and upload which is very good from buzzsprout.
It gives one-stop to figure out all the information needed which is a primary function of a podcast host buzzsprout makes the work easier, it has an advanced lyric that gives the information each episode can be customized or published and modify including every single episode.
Magic mastering software is very good in buzzsprout where we can upload audio and we can use their AI technology to normalize or filter the audio to provide a good and better audio experience for the listener they charge an additional fee for this tool but this software is really worth it because it saves time for editing.
Affiliate hub helps to make money it provides the free opportunity only for buzzsprout users it gives an easy route to earn some money buzzsprout has its own community with a great number of users it is very helpful if we have any trouble using the tool we can drop question which will be answered which is really cool.
Audiogram gives a feature to create audio directly within buzzsprout. It is a visual aid or an audio aid with a waveform. It would be great for visual aid or a piece of audio. It is great for repurposing on social media platforms.
Buzzsprout provides a podcast website that can act as an app but it won’t work effectively it has an option for podcast episode transcription, they also provide a podcast player for our website which will embed episodes into our website buzzsprout makes that decent, effective, and clean we have an opportunity to add chapters which is that will show up on some records but not all of them.
The player in this we can add our own player to the website which is very easy to hear and we can customize it according to our, directories are the massive thing buzzsprout helps to get featured in major directories and very easy steps to follow if we have an affiliate hub it has an options food adding a sponsor or searching a sponsor which is really cool.
Overall the features are good.
Buzzsprout Pros & Cons:
- It is very user friendly
- Posting is scheduled
- Features of monetization are very good
- Customization options are not more
- We don’t get a video podcast feature
- Upload hours are clapped
Buzzsprout Pricing & Plans:
A lot of podcast host does not provide a free trial but it offers a free trial which is appreciable, price does not depend on downloads it depends on the time which is good unlimited team members is provided to all plans.
- FREE PLAN – Includes upload of two hours every month which is valid for 90 days, magic mastering will not be available on the free plan; it contains advanced settings that can be upgraded to remove ads.
- $12 per month – Includes 3hours of upload per month, episodes are hosted indefinitely, import podcasts for free, upload content for up to $ 4per hour, provide unlimited storage, advance stats, and pay additional for magic mastering for 6$ total it will cost 18$.
- $18 per month – Upload 6 hours per month, upload more content for 3$ per hour, import podcasts for free, unlimited storage, and additional magic mastering tool costs $9 per month total it will cost up to 27$ per month.
- $24 per month – Upload 12 hour per month episodes hosted indefinitely, upload more content for $2 per hour, import podcasts for free, unlimited storage, and additional magic mastering costs 12$ per month total it will cost 36$ per month.
Best Easy Podcast Hosting Service ($29/Month + 1 Month Free).
PodBean provides you extra monetization opportunities as compared to other best podcasting hosting. I love one thing about PodBean is that newbies and professionals both can use this platform
Podbean is a very trusted name in the podcast space. They have their own app which is very good.
Podbean gives a ton of features to the users all podbean plans come with podcast stats and a website they give full access to change and customize the website design we can create our own domain we can use it in our podcast websites, and they also provide custom episode publishing and an ability to schedule episodes to go live at an earlier day, we can also manage and publish podcast episode all from our mobile place.
Podbean also offers a podcast player which makes it easy to embed particular episodes onto the website. It also has integration with mailchimp which makes it easy to capture emails. We can use their app to create children’s podcasts. It helps to create and capture audio within the app.
Podcast monetizer show podbean gives a ton of ways to do it very easily they provide a patron program which is very easy to sign up listeners as patreds we can sell access to our show through subscriptions while we can get deeper and charge for particular episodes also it has ads marketplace where it is very easy to connect with sponsors which will get ads into the show.
Podbean also gives the ability to live stream episodes and guest hosts can call in live even we can sell tickets of the Livestream to the listeners and can grant permission through the Livestream and it has the ability to receive virtual guests when they are listening to the Livestream, podbean is amongst the few podcast host that allows for video podcast they also offer a business plan which is very good.
Overall the features of the podbean are very good which allows great tools for the user as it provides a various number of tools.
The tools provided by the podbean can be utilized the best because it has a more complex feature and the learning of these tools may take time for the best use as podbean is from a long time there are many resources available on the website but the learning curve is more compared to other podcast host but it is necessary to have all the tools to make out best of it all the features are good and approachable.
Overall the features are good.
PodBean Pros & Cons:
- It provides unlimited hours
- Embedded players
- Very good podcast themes
- Selling podcasts
- Video podcast
- Calling support is not available
- Templates are very few
PodBean Pricing & Plans:
Podbean has many features so they split up the bills
- FREE PLAN – It has a free plan called podcast starter which has 5 hours total and a storage of 100GB per month we cannot expect more as it is the basic pack
- $9 Per Month – Audio podcasting has no limits and it has unlimited storage and unmetered bandwidth and pro themes and advanced custom design. All the features are not available on this pack. It is used to do basic work. will be billed annually for $14
- $29 Per Month – It is best for professional podcast and podcast networks this pack includes unlimited storage connection and unmetered bandwidth and has pro themes and full custom designs but it does not contain enterprise podcasting. will be billed annually for$39
- $99 Per Month – It is ideal for business organization enterprises it includes all the features as a $29 pack but it will include the enterprise pack which contains premium bandwidth, multiple admins, priority support, private podcast, and SSD login. Will be billed for $129 which is very much overpriced.
Best Content Management System and Monetization (Free – $120+).
If Monetization of your podcast is the main crucial part for you, then you can go with spreaker. This platform comes with the ability to integrate advertising into your podcast from the beginning.
Spreaker is a very good podcasting host with a very good features
Spreaker is generally focused very much on live podcasting and and making money monetizing the podcast from the beginning all their paid plans give access to the monetization features, the existed catalogue episodes moving those on spreaker can earn you money for the previous episodes.
They provide this in the name of add insertion which helps picking the certain parts of the episode for annual play, they may fill the spots automatically using programmatic advertising which means the advertiser pays the speaker for advertising on a podcast for particular demographics speaker puts add which will make sense in the show in the sponsor given to them where there will be a percentage of revenue earned, which will be very easy way to start making money.
This will save time from finding advertisers and negotiating with them this allows to start making money from the beginning it allows to make episodes of previous episodes while people are listening as it creates a source of revenue and other feature allows the multiple hosts in podcast by paying little more all plans are provided with embeddable podcast player and their pay plans that to customise the plan their free plan and cheapest plan allows only basic feature.
They even provide access for private or limited show only for broadcaster or above titles they offer spreaker studio which is podcast creation and audio editing software where we can create or download or edit episodes spreaker also contain their own podcast player app . overall a very good podcast host.
As they focus more on live and simple podcasting from these, making money is very simple thier live tools, podcast app and audio editing software but they are very simple and user friendly to use which is very good.
Overall the features are good.
Spreaker Pros & Cons:
- Easy to use tools
- Easy user interface
- The platform gives access to new episodes and live streams
- Communication only through emails.w
Spreaker Pricing & Plans:
Spreaker offers a free plan but it will limit the features but can host multiple shows on their free plan, and they contain monthly and yearly plans.
- On air talent plan costs $6 per month – It provides multiple podcast hosting, customised rss feeds and programmatic customisation it will bill$7 monthly and if yearly plan is chosen it will bill$6 per month
- Broadcaster plan costs $18per month – It provides multiple podcast hosting, customised rss feeds and programmatic customisation, limited access podcasts and advanced statistics it will bill $20 monthly and if yearly plan chosen it will cost$18 per month
- Anchorman plan costs $45per month – It provides multiple podcast hosting, customised rss feeds and programmatic customisation, limited access podcasts, full statistics and customised player colours it costs $50 per month if yearly plan chosen it will cost $50 per month.
Best for having the most features for growing your podcast.
If you are looking for unlimited storage, powerful analytics, and a podcasting website that goes along with your recording, then look no further than RSS.com. These features ensure that your podcast platform can handle any business growth you experience as you scale.
If you are looking for the best podcast hosting platform with unlimited storage and bandwidth, It is perfect for more prominent podcasts.
Rss.com also offers tools such as episode scheduling and social media integration, making it easy for you to manage your podcast and engage with your audience.
There are so many podcasters who is using RSS.com from many years and they appreciate RSS.com Services.
RSS.com also helps you to monetize your podcast via sponsores, they also help you in that.
RSS.com makes it easy for listeners to scale their podcast, supporting unlimited downloads and episodes that they can record.
The use of data and analytics allows you to know where your podcast is strongest, and where your content needs improvement, and you can help your audience to the best of your ability by changing your content to meet.
Such data is the key to making the most of your podcasting efforts, allowing you to do more than simply focus on the relevant content during your episodes.
Overall the features are good.
RSS.Com Pros & Cons:
- It gives privacy
- Makes the blogs and podcasts interesting
- Can work on slow internet
- Bad user interface
- It may be a problem for beginners
RSS.Com Pricing & Plans:
There are currently 3 plans on RSS.com.
- Student & NGO Costs You $4.99/mo – In this plan, you will get access to upload unlimited episodes with unlimited duration. Also, you will get an RSS feed for your podcast, a Free website for your show, and many more ext.
- All in One Podcasting Costs You $8.25/mo – This plan has the same features as the starter student & NGO plan, also you can pay annually for this plan.
- Pro & Enterprise – In this plan Everything in All in One Podcasting, plus you will get Multiple podcasts, Dynamic Ads Insertion, Custom analytics reports, Dedicated 24/7 support & Special requests welcome.
Best Built-In Podcast Analytics ($19.99/month).
The success of your podcast is dependent on where you choose to host your podcast and what the reach or impressions are of your podcast. Transistor might be the podcast platform to check out if you want to reach the widest audience possible.
The biggest feature of the transistor is it offers unlimited podcasts on one transistor plan where we can have more than one show where we no need to buy more than one plan for creating multiple shows transistor will be the greatest option to select their charge based on monthly downloads and their cheapest plan will provide 15,000 monthly downloads which will be a good deal compared to other podcast hosts.
They offer an embeddable podcast player that will help podcast episodes into our websites all plans come up with built-in podcast website each plan comes up with a comparatively cheaper price, it allows two podcast managers where two people can simultaneously manage the show by only paying for one transistor plan.
Provides ability for private podcasting where it will be included inexpensive plans for internal podcast all plans come up with unlimited storage and bandwidth upload as per user per month charges will be applied based on the downloads that the show is experiencing, it also integrates with mailchimp, convertkit, and drip which are some of the best email providers it makes super easy ways to connect with the audience. It may not contain many features as others but it offers a good price.
There are not many features to use as the process of using transistor is very simple and easy it has a good user interface which will not create a problem for the user and running more shows and maintaining the shows are made easy through the transistor.
Overall the features are good.
Transistor Pros & Cons:
- It is very easy to use
- Features are powerful
- No more tools available
Transistor Pricing & Plans:
- The starter pack costs $19 per month – It offers an unlimited podcast, live customer support, advanced analytics, a built-in podcast website, 2 additional team members and 15,000 monthly downloads and up to 50 private podcast subscribes
- Professional pack costs$49 per month – It offers an unlimited podcast, live customer support, advanced analytics, a built-in podcast website, 5 additional team members and 75,000 monthly downloads and up to 500 private podcast subscribes
- Business pack costs$99 per month – It offers unlimited podcasts, live customer support, advanced analytics, a built-in podcast website, 10 additional team members and 200,000 monthly downloads, and up to 3,000 private podcast subscriptions.
Industry-Leading Features Powering Top Brands ($15/Month).
There are a number of benefits to Simplecast. It is a leading platform known for its industry-leading features starting at just $15 per month.
All of the plans in simplecast are off unlimited storage and unlimited uploads of as many content users want the good offer is no need to pay the additional fee and their cheapest plan has 20,000 monthly downloads till the user is under that he can post an unlimited number of contents where most of the people can stay in the cheaper plan.
It also provides a podcast website but we need to attach a custom domain for that website it also allows to do multiple host through a single simplecast account but we have to pay monthly for the each show hosting.
They also provide embeddable podcast player where we can easily embed our episodes which will easily play on websites simplecast also introduces professional and enterprise plans the basic plan starts with two team managers two people can have their own simplecast account.
They also contain a recast feature where it helps us easily create audios and trailers to help show more on social media, plans become more advanced as we pay for higher plans and there are some tools that are not available on simplecast but are available on other platforms which may result as the drawback.
As denoted by the name simple they provide a very simple interface for the user which will not be complex or face any problems to use the features while that may be the reason why they do not have many features offered in simplecast and easy to use.
Overall a better podcasting site.
SimpleCast Pros & Cons:
- It is very easy to use
- Good customer support
- Allows sharing
- Good and easy user interface
- Indian people are less who this platform
SimpleCast Pricing & Plans:
They provide 3 plans according to levels
- The basic plan costs $15 per month – It offers everything and the necessary features to get started . They offer 2 team member seats, unlimited storage, distribution to all the places where audiences are available, basic analytics website show customization with a custom domain, ability to manage multiple shows using a single account, recast available, embedded with episode web player, RSS feed, email support and 20,000 downloads per month and it costs13.50 monthly if yearly plan is chosen.
- The essential plan costs $35 per month – Everything is available including essential tools for growing podcasts. They offer 4 team member seats, compare analytics of two episodes, location analytics, unique listener reports, web player analytics, technology analytics and offer 50,000 downloads per month, costing $31.50 per month if a yearly plan is chosen.
- The growth plan costs$85 per month – Everything essential is provided and has deeper insights. It contains 9 team member seats, compares metrics around 5 episodes, location analytics, detailed device analytics, web player embedded location analytics, network analytics, technology analytics, and 120,000 downloads per month. It costs $76.50 per month if a yearly plan is chosen.
Best for Marketing and Growing Your Audience ($19/Month).
Captivate is a new podcast hosting platform that prioritizes growing its audience, and avoiding competition in the podcasting industry. Rebel Base Media created several websites, and Podcast Websites were one of them.
Captivate is a growth-oriented podcast hosting solution.
Captivate is a growth-oriented based solution they give almost all the tool possible which helps the user to grow skills they provide unlimited shows under one plan that helps the user to select the best for him they charge according to monthly downloads since we have to have new ratios on one plan which will be included and hosted under one plan also counts towards the monthly downloads all their plans come under get-go with an embeddable podcast player for our website.
Some unique feature of captivate is they have unlimited team members for all the plans they don’t limit the number of people who run and operate the shows they are providing a ton of tools which include a web player calls to action, built-in single subscription marketing link, email marketing integration and one-click sponsorship creation all their plans include transcription support and interesting thing about the captivate is it even offers to host a private podcast at their basic plan which is very helpful for beginners and comparatively in another podcast host.
we have to pay a higher amount to access the private podcast, in this case, it’s a very impressive move from captivate all their plans include a podcast site this also provides features, where many podcasts don’t have the feature at all, comparing the prices and features offered, are obviously better in captivate
Captivate is very simple and easy to use, shows running up live from all the other podcast hosting directories as there are tons of additional marketing features maximizing the use of all the features and the features provided are very simple and user friendly, and cost-efficient.
Overall a good podcast host for the learners.
Captivate Pricing & Plans:
The start of the pricing is a bit higher than the other plans but it is worth the price all of the plans have the same features but has a difference in download
- The personal plan cost $17 monthly – It includes 12,000 downloads per month it will cost$19 if paid monthly
- The professional plan costs $44 monthly – It includes 60,000 downloads per month if paid monthly prices go more than $44
- The business plan costs $90 per month – It includes 150,000 downloads per month if paid monthly prices go more than $90
Conclusion on Best Podcast Hosting Platforms
All the podcasts listed above are very good in their own segments all the podcasts are not the best or perfect everyone has a fault apart from that these tools are worth using according to their price and user-friendly interface and easy to handle features, some of them have placed a high range of price which will be a drawback for them because many podcast host provides the same feature for lower prices.
RSS.com is not preferable because it does not have an interface where everyone can use it, it’s designed for programs that are not at all preferable apart from that even if they are good.
For beginners preserve and simplecast are the best tools to get started, advanced users can use buzzsprout and podbean because they offer both a good amount of features and tools, even speaker is a good choice.
Overall all the choices are good at their own segments depending completely on user requirement